TraceLink Inc., the world’s largest track and trace network for connecting the life sciences supply chain and providing real-time information sharing for better patient outcomes, has announced that it has acquired ROC IT Solutions, the leader in intelligent edge data capture for serialized product inventory in the pharmaceutical supply chain.
The acquisition positions TraceLink as the only end-to-end platform that enables life sciences companies to capture, process and exchange serialised product data across a digital supply chain network, while also more effectively managing warehouse product inventory at the “edge” of the supply chain.
By acquiring ROC IT and integrating EdgeTRAC into its family of serialisation software, TraceLink now offers solutions for serialized receiving, picking, shipping, returns, deactivation, aggregation, deaggregation, label printing and tag management of pharmaceutical products.
The acquisition also increases TraceLink’s physical presence in the US, bringing the total number of locations to two, including its global headquarters in North Reading, MA and a new office in Pittsford, NY.
“We are pleased to welcome ROC IT’s founding members, employees and valued customers to TraceLink. As industry pioneers and market leaders, both TraceLink and ROC IT have been working together since the early days of pharmaceutical track and trace, establishing an undeniable synergy with our respective technical expertise, industry knowledge and company cultures,” said Shabbir Dahod, President and CEO, TraceLink.
“This acquisition further widens our leadership position by seamlessly merging best-of-breed serialisation capabilities into a comprehensive solution set that no other provider can offer. As a result, we’ll be able to serve broader serialisation challenges in the pharmaceutical industry as well as explore new capabilities for real-time information sharing that support the longer-term business and patient safety goals of our customers.”
Larry Hall, cofounder and Vice President of Sales and Operations of ROC IT, added: “By joining forces with TraceLink, we have aligned ourselves with the winning team to build an even stronger collaboration to propel the industry forward. We look forward to this next chapter with TraceLink and ensuring the ongoing success of our customers, partners and team by leveraging TraceLink’s industry expertise, proven solutions and global customer success.”
The specific warehouse operations capabilities now offered by TraceLink as a result of the ROC IT acquisition include
- operational integration: across serial number management, electronic product code information services (EPCIS) repository, warehouse management system (WMS) and master data at scale
- inference-driven receiving: with configurable audit parameters and optional put away
- serialised container management: for aggregation / de-aggregation and other re-work
- pick, and pick/pack scenario support: with picking confirmation integration with WMS
- shipment and shipment verification: with optional integration to enterprise resource planning (ERP)/WMS
- ERP/WMS integration: single integration for all modules and functions
- comprehensive product support: for serialized and non-serialized products
- integrated solution for the healthcare and pharmacy community: which streamlines the process of receiving serialized products and data associated with them.
All existing ROC IT customers will be able to rely on TraceLink’s global customer success team for ongoing technical support and implementation assistance.
TraceLink’s serialisation software, country compliance solutions and unique track and trace network is currently used by more than 650 global customers to exchange compliance data with more than 255,000 supply chain endpoints.